Monday, April 11, 2011

Joe's Stone Crab's Famous Key Lime Pie- using 1 shortcut

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!
Hello everyone!! I have missed my blog so much! It has officially been one year since I first started this blog! Here's a big 'Thankyou' to all my visitors who keep my blog ALIVE! So there is no better way, in my opinion, to celebrate than with a big piece of Key Lime Pie!!! Joe's Stone Crab's Famous Key Lime Pie, that is, with one small shortcut- premade graham pie crust. Trust me, IT IS DELICIOUS!!!

Ingredients for filling:
3- egg yolks
1 1/3 tsp- Grated zest of two lime
1- 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup- freshly squeezed lime juice.

Directions for filling:
In an electric mixer with the wire whisk attachment, beat the egg yolks and lime zest at high speed until very fluffy, about 5 minutes. (Using a hand mixer is totally fine-that's actually how I made it.) Gradually add the condensed milk and continue to beat until thick, 3 or 4 minutes longer. Lower the mixer speed and slowly add the lime juice, mixing just until combined, no longer. Pour the mixture into the crust. Bake for 10 minutes or until the filling has just set. Cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate. Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes before serving this AMAZING PIE.

I recommend this pie in the warmer months. Super REFRESHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment