Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pizza

So since I have a bit of time before I leave to go bowling I figured I'd start making this post. This was dinner tonight! I used the left over sauce from my previous post from today. It came out good overall. This was my first time making pizza. I did not make the dough however. I went to my local pizzeria and asked to buy some dough and to my surprise, I was given the dough for free!..In the future I will use a pizza stone. This time, I used aluminum and parchment paper because it was all I had. The pizza was good without the stone however the stone would have gave me a crispier crust.

Ingredients used:
Enough dough to make a large pizza
Olive Oil (Just enough to grease the top of the pizza before adding the following toppings..)
SP&O Sauce (check previous post for recipe)
1 package of Shredded Whole Milk Mozzarella
1/4 cup of parmesean cheese
Chopped fresh parsley to throw on top after pizza has been cooked (as much as you like!)

Cook in oven on 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes (depending on how hot your stove gets). The cheese should be bubbly and brown. At this point you can then throw your chopped parsley on top. I just loved the taste of fresh parsley on any hot italian dish.

I loved how this recipe was less then 6 bucks! I also loved how easy and fast it took me to put this all together too!

One day I am going to attempt to make my own dough. But for now I'm taking it one recipe at a time.











No comments:

Post a Comment